An extended reflexion is always needed,
If you're in the habit of passing through Facebook, you might have crossed path with this:
When I saw this I must confess I was curious. I am a confessed
- Someone passionate about Bushmills and with good knowledge about spirituous drinks in general;
- At ease with public speaking;
- user based computer knowledge;
- previous experience as a bartender is valued;
Minimum educational level? Nope.
Previous experience in salse? Nope.
The Companhia Espirituosa only needs someone who enjoys Bushmills and a few other shots and knows how to party and public speaking. Someone who knows a bit of wnglish and it's way around a computer. So far so good, it's a "ambassador position", right? Well... and what about what is expected from this "party-animal ambassador"?
- Keep track and ensure sales objectives, identify and direct the brand to point of sale;
- Represent the brand in every commercial activity, in Marketing and Public Relations;
- Market visits, promote and accompany brand events (involving nocturnal work) and report on these actions;
- Establish new partnerships, suggest improvements, gather new clients, identify opportunities;
- Provide training about the brand to clients and sales team;
- Manage relations with national distributers, under supervision from Companhia Espirituosa;
- Propose and analyse brand activation and visibility campaigns;
- Be the connection between sales team and marketing team;
- Ensure the brand has support on "Horeca channels", providing support to the team when implementing successful activities;
- inspire Bushmills fans.
But! Wait! What? They want you to keep track of sales objectives, without previous experience in sales? They want you to establish partnerships and brand activation campaigns without any marketing experience? Experience in Advertising? Experience in Public Relations? They want you to provide support to Horeca channels and marketing and sales teams? hmmm...ok! and henceforth things get awkward, I guess! Where do you send your CV and application to? oh! You don't! You don't submit an application, you have to get your friends to help you. How? You have to share a post, with the link for the webpage, on your social networks, so that your friends and followers can click, and register, and "recommend you". You have to
So. Let's go
“During trainning, candidates will get, 3 times a week and for 2 weeks, a quiz about whisky. Each quiz has 5 questions, all multiple choice, with 1 correct answear and 3 incorrect answers" (my translation)
Candidates will have to make videos, promoting their "candidature" which then will be available for the brand to use as they please (all the videos, yes!). And so, you get 4 weeks of